Yes, the Court can make an order for adoption in exceptional circumstances such as:-
- the Applicant is below 25 years of age and not more than 21 years older than the child, if:-
- the Applicant and the child are related, or
- they are not related but there are special circumstances.
- no consent from the parent or guardian is provided, the Court is satisfied that the parent or guardian:-
- neglected or abandoned the child,
- cannot be found, or
- is unfit by reason of physical or mental incapacity.