After you have successfully registered your Trade Mark in Singapore, Intellectual Property of Singapore (IPOS) requires you to maintain an Address for service of correspondences / notices in Singapore. For trade mark owners without a Singapore address for service, and wish to maintain their Singapore’s Address for Service with LOH EBEN ONG LLP, please note the terms of this service and the Charges below.
Annual Fee for Address for Service
Recurring annual fee of S$100 per mark per year (or any part thereof)
Application for Address for Service
Credit Card PayPal (Prefferred)
If you are agreeable to our terms and conditions below, please effect payment of the subscription below (via credit cards via PayPal):
Terms and Conditions for Address for Service Subscription
For using our Singapore Office as your Address for Service, please note the following terms and conditons:
- Resesentation of Legal Ownership: you represent that you are the lawful owner of the trade mark, or duly authorised agent or representive of the legal owner
- Email Only: all correspondences and/or notices received from IPOS and third parties will be emailed to your registered email notified to us in writing via post or email; and we will use our reasonable endeavour to forward such correspondences/notices to you but shall not be responsible and/or liable to you and/or third parties for our failure to forward the same (or any of them) to you due to our negligence and/or neglect or whatsoever reasons
- Termination by Loh Eben Ong:
- this service is provided to you on a goodwill basis, and we reserve the right at our absolute discretion to cancel the subscription of this service, and refunding you the fee paid on a pro-rated basis the unexpired period by giving you one (1) month’s notice via email (the “Termination Notice“), and upon the expiry of the Termination Notice, all our responsibilities and/or obligations under this service shall be extinguished
- upon receipt of the Termination Notice, you shall procure the change of address at IPOS at your own costs and expense, and such change shall be effected on or before the expriry date of the Termination Notice (time is of the essence)
- Termination by You: you may terminate this service at any time by serving on us a one (1) month’s notice (the “Owner Termination Notice“) via email to us and procuring the change of address at IPOS at your own costs and expense, and such change shall be effected on or before the expriry date of the Owner Termination Notice (time is of the essence), and any subscription fee already paid shall not be refunded to you by us
- Your Address & Email: your shall furnish your official address and email either by post to us or email us at email@example.com/divorce, and you undertake to notify us of any change in your address and/or email for this service
- Notice by Emails Only: all notices and correspondences from us to you will be sent by strictly by emails to your email registered with us, and no follow up hardcopy post and/or fax will be sent, and upon sending of the email by us, it shall be deemed to be good service of the notice by us to you notwishstanding that (not exhaustive):
- you have not read the email
- you did not receive the email
- our email to you was bounced, or redirected to your spam or junk server of your email client
- Hardcopy Document: where we are required or requested to forward hardcopy document in respect of your Trade Mark to you, such as by post, registered post and courier service, we are entitled to charge an admin fee of S$30 per delivery in additional to the expense incurred (eg. courier or postage charges). You shall pay such charges in advance prior to our delivery
- Indemnity: in provision of this service to you, you agree to indemnity Loh Eben Ong against all liabilities, claims, demands, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Loh Eben Ong arising out of or in connection with the provision of this service, and our defending or responding to any purported claims and/or demands by you against us in respect of this service
- Your Sole Responsibility in Renewal:
- notwithstanding that you have stated the Address for Service at our Singapore address, as 10 years is relatively long time, it is strictly your sole and absolute responsibility or obligation to take note of the expiry date and take active steps to renew your Trade Mark at IPOS (or the then relevant authority) within 6 months from the Expiry Date (eg. by instructing us, other agents or by doing it yourself) if you so desire
- in no circumstances shall we have any responsibility to remind you of the expiry and/or renewal of your Trade Mark as the renewal process is your sole and absolute responsibility. You are strongly advised to take note of the expiry date of the Trade Mark. We shall not be liable or responsible to you in respect of your own failure, refusal and/or neglect to renew your Trade Mark, whether or not you have received IPOS’s (or the then authority) letter of reminder of renewal of your Trade Mark from us.
- all prices quoted is for each trade mark per year (or any part thereof), and
- all charges quoted are in the Singapore Currency in SGD or S$
- Laws and Jurisdiction: these terms are governed by the laws of Singapore, and you shall subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Singapore
- Joint and Several: where 2 or more parties own the trade mark, all parties must agree to the terms and conditions herein and all covenants and obligations shall be on a joint and serveral basis
- Opting Out if Not Agreeable: if you do not agree to any of the terms herein contained, you are at liberty not to use our service, or cancel this subscription
- Recurring Subscription: this is a recurring subscription service payable on an annual basis, and you agree to subscribe to this service where an annual fee will be charged to your credit card via PayPal (other reputable payment service if implemented), or if you do not have any credit card, a recurring invoice will be sent on an annual basis
- Payment Due Date: payment must be received not less than 1 month prior to the commencement date, or each anniversary, failing which, the service will be deemed canceled or lapsed. Late payment interest at 20% per annum is chargeable for payment received after due date.
- Non-Payment: upon non-payment of our subscription for more than 7 days, our service will be deemed canceled and terminated, and we shall no obligations whatsoever hereunder, and all our obligations herein shall be wholly discharged.
- Renewal and Other Charges: for any renewal of trade mark and other services rendered relating to your trade mark, separate charges and expense will be incurred shall be borne by you
- Subject to Change: terms stated herein are subject to change without prior notice, and the latest terms and conditions as appearing on this page shall be applicable to this service. The onus is on you to review the terms on this page from time to time.